Sunday, February 23, 2014

Blog post #6 Personal Learning Networks

Personal Learning Networks are a way for teachers to keep connected with other teachers and also are tools that can assist you as a teacher. Personal Learning Networks can range from twitter, blogs, and even just google. PLN's can help teachers because it gives them new ideas and thoughts from other teachers. Also PLN's keep teachers connected and learning from each other daily. This tool, PLN, is a good way for teachers to not only help teach their student's, but also to help teach themselves new teaching ideas everyday. As a future teacher, PLN's can help me establish how I would like to teach by gathering new ideas and thoughts from others. Since I am new to the teaching scene I do not have an established PLN. But now that I am taking EDM 310 Dr. Strange has taught me many ways to start. One way I would start establishing my PLN is by reading other teachers blog's and searching for them by using twitter or other searching devices. Now that I have learned about PLN the first additions to my own PLN would be, of course, Dr. Strange. Also I would add Anthony Capps, an excellent teacher and friend of Dr. Strange. Another way I could find teacher's I would like to add to my PLN would be by the C4T list that Dr. Strange gives to our class each week to comment on their blogs. My first teacher, Mr. Tom Schimmer, had an amazing blog and lots of thoughts and ideas about teacher that I would love to collaborate on when I become a teacher.



PLN's can also be other networks besides just other teachers. Twitter, Pintrest, Facebook, Symbaloo, Netvibes, and many others are also examples of PLN's. Symbaloo is a network that gives you a full dashboard showing you all the networks possible for you to use. Netvibes is a tool you can use to start setting up your own personal PLN. This will be a great tool for me to start using as I begin to set up my PLN. I am excited to start my own Personal Learning Network so that I can begin finding ideas from other great inspiring teachers, that way I can aspire to be just as great of a teacher myself.

2 comments:

  1. "Also PLN's keep teachers connected and learning from each other daily." There should be a comma after also.

    "Also I would add Anthony Capps...." Another comma missing after also.

    "Another way I could find teacher's I would like to add to my PLN would be by the C4T list..." There should also be a comma after PLN.

    Pintrest.. Pinterest

    Be sure to proofread before publishing.

    Other than the grammar errors I found, your content is good. Your PLN may be premature right now, however throughout your journey to your career, you will add many many more resources to it!

    Remember to include the Title and Alt tags for your image as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire it looks to me as if you have a great understanding of what Dr. Strange wants us to know about PLN's. I agree with you that PLN's are a great way to extend our education as teachers. I love that you have such a great enthusiasm about becoming a teacher. Don't forget that you can add some of your fellow students, that will become teachers later, to your PLN. We as future educators can use all the help we can get. Aside from some grammatical errors that have already been pointed out, your blog looks wonderful. I hope you keep your enthusiasm for being a teacher and have a great semester.

    ReplyDelete