Thursday, January 16, 2014

Practice Post

My name is Claire Helen Gill. I have a double name according to my mom and she gets mad when she finds out that I tell people my name is just Claire and not Claire Helen, but in my defense it is a little too long when introducing myself to someone new. I am from Jackson, Alabama, a very small town about an hour and a half north of here. Until August of 2013 I had lived in the same town, in the same house my whole life. These days I do not have many major interests because I seem to always be studying or working, but mostly in my free time I like to spend time with my family and friends.

I started at USA in August of 2013 after finishing two years at Alabama Southern Community College in my hometown. I chose USA because it was closest to home and because they have an excellent education program. I like to stay close to home because my family and friends are very important to me. I have a big crazy family, I have my mom and dad, one sister, and about 30 cousins!

I want to enter the field of education because I have a passion for helping and guiding others in the right path. My major is secondary education, but its also in History. I have always had a huge passion for History and all the things that make this World what it is today.

The things I love to do most are spending time with family and friends, watching movies, and gymnastics. I would like to get better at not being so shy around new people. I know that when I become a teacher that will be a major skill I will need to have mastered, to be able to teach at my best.




I guess that is pretty much all there is to know about me! Lately my life only consists of school and work, but when I accomplish my goal of becoming a teacher everything I had to overcome to get there will be worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Your life seems pretty interesting. I also went to a Junior College before coming to USA. My major was Secondary Education with a minor in History, but i Changed to Elementary this semester. Good Luck with school and this class. :)

    ReplyDelete