Wednesday, April 23, 2014

C4K April

Stacey

The first student I was assigned to was Stacey from Pt England School in Auckland, New Zealand. Stacey is a 9 year old in the fourth grade and already knows how to do so much on her blog! The blog post of Stacey's that I commented on was about her class field trip. Stacey created a video through Vimeo with videos and pictures of her and her classmates on their trip to the beach. I really enjoyed seeing her classmates having such a good time and love seeing her grow as a student and a blogger. After Stacey saw my comment she replied with such a sweet comment she replied: "thank you for your wonderful message. i hope you have a nice day and i could keep in contact do you like it in Americar? i hope you be a good teacher bye. I like you". I love that blogging can make these students feel special by just getting a simple comment on one of their posts.

PJ

My second C4K was PJ, he is also a student at Pt England school. He is in the 5th grade and he likes to play rugby and swim. The post I commented on of PJ's was a short story he wrote about swimming. It is so fun to read stories that these students write on their blogs! Each student I am assigned to shows their creativeness and intelligence through each and every post. It is fascinating to see how much young children in today's schools know about technology.

Atareita

My third C4K is Atareita, she is also a student at Pt England School. Atareita's favorite subjects are reading and writing and she enjoys playing ripper rugby. The post I commented on Atareita's is a Google Slides Presentation of a Book Cover that she made up and designed. Atareita was very special to me because she has commented such sweet things on some of my own blog posts. After I commented on her post she replied saying: "Thank you sooo much Claire. That is the best comment I've ever got on my entire blog. Maybe one time I might come and visit you at the University in South Alabama." On one of my posts she wrote: "Claire, you are the best person in the whole world. Thank you so much for commenting on my blog post." These are the things that I think I have enjoyed most about this EDM 310 class, knowing that I put a smile on these kids faces just by a simple comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment