Sunday, March 16, 2014

Blog Post #8

In our blog post for this week we are supposed to talk about different tools that we can use as teachers of the 21 century. Luckily for future teachers such as myself, we have a tremendous amount of teaching tools to choose from. Just to start, there is Prezi, Teacher Tube, iCurio, Discovery Ed, and Teaching Channel. All of these sites and tools are a network of teachers coming together to share their ideas and learning experiences.

As a secondary education major I feel that it is a little more difficult for me to find tools to help me teach the older students. One of the tools I researched that I found more age appropriate for secondary education was TED: Ideas Worth Spreading. This Website is kind of like a blog but with videos instead of written posts. These videos are very inspiring talks and speeches by some famous and some non famous people. I feel that these videos are great ways to inspire anyone, especially students and teachers. Students in the higher secondary level grades may sometimes feel lost or may not have as much drive or motivation as a younger excited student. This TED site is a good tool for teachers to use when they feel like a student needs a good boost of positive energy. It is also a good site for teachers to learn new things about education and ways to teach in the 21st century.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you used TED: Ideas Worth Spreading website engaged your students to learn with videos instead of writing posts. I think videos are better tool for older students to learn. Picture worth thousand words, so video worth million words. I enjoyed reading your post and hope to see more of your post.

    ReplyDelete